I wasn't always "that girl". But after my last relationship, my confidence took a bit of a dive. It's a common story, but I will not let it get the better of me.
Those days are behind me.
In the quest to making myself happy (and even more fabulous), I have sent my girlfriend L a text to plan a road trip. She had mentioned it before, but was doing her final school assignment so we put it off. But she finishes today so I hope we can hit the road in the next couple of weeks! I have also sent my friend S a message detailing the possibilities of our vacation plans. Instead of spending (read: wasting) time and energy worrying about why some guy hasn't emailed/called/texted me, I spent that time cleaning my room and searching online for fabulous holiday destinations. Just the idea of putting together a fun vaca left me full of positive energy rather than that low feeling I get when I focus on the guy who never called etc. I shall call that symptom 'Sad Mac' (that's for all you SATC fans!)
So far, feeling fabulous! But must not lose momentum. So I have compiled a list of some of the things I enjoy doing for myself that make me happy:
- Going shopping: it sounds shallow but buying something new, even just a lipgloss or necklace or hair clip makes me feel good about myself. I like looking good and having pretty things, and that's my prerogative!
- Going to the beach.
- Taking my dog to an off-leash dog park.
- Having my hair done.
- Giving myself a facial/manicure/pedicure.
- Cleaning my apartment.
- Having coffee with a close friend (also substitute coffee for cocktails after dark!).
- Travelling to new places.
- Going to the art gallery/museum.
- Seeing a really good movie.
- Meeting new people and being social.
- Going to the gym (sometimes...).
- Shopping for food and cooking.
These are the things I will focus my energy on, rather than focusing so much energy on men!
No looking back!
(PS I'm buying all my girlfriends a copy of this book for Christmas! Including a copy for my mom haha!)